NFP Awards Scholarships
The Nursing Foundation of Pennsylvania (NFP), a supporting organization of the Pennsylvania State Nurses Association (PSNA), has announced the recipients of its 2017 scholarships.
Alumni Association Scholarship Fund of the Former Albert Einstein Medical Center Nursing School of Philadelphia
- Gabrielle E. Schaner, Duquesne University School of Nursing
- Christine Lee, Thomas Jefferson University, Jefferson College of Nursing
- Jazlynne Davis, Temple University College of Public Health
- Shripriya Mohan Sahay, University of Pennsylvania School of Nursing
- Kelly O’Leary, University of Pennsylvania School of Nursing
Florence (Madden) Grady-Fasick Scholarship Fund
- Amanda Alexander, Duquesne University School of Nursing
- Madeline Blalock, Thomas Jefferson University, Jefferson College of Nursing
- Tylyn Cupp, University of Pittsburgh School of Nursing
- Naomi Nii, Roxborough Memorial Hospital School of Nursing
- Maria Scott, Duquesne University School of Nursing
NFP Future Nurse Leader Scholarship
- Laura Adams, University of Pittsburgh School of Nursing
- Charlene Kirby, Eastern University Nursing Department
To learn more about the NFP and scholarship opportunities, visit www.theNFP.org. The NFP is organized and operated to support the Pennsylvania State Nurses Association’s (PSNA) efforts to enhance nursing and healthcare.
# # #
The NFP ensures nurses for tomorrow. The NFP is a recipient of the Pennsylvania Association of Nonprofit Organizations’ Seal of Excellence for successfully completing a rigorous Standards for Excellence® accreditation program. The official registration and financial information of the NFP may be obtained from the Pennsylvania Department of State by calling toll-free within Pennsylvania, 800-732-0999. Registration does not imply endorsement. (www.theNFP.org)
The Pennsylvania State Nurses Association (PSNA) is the non-profit voice for nurses in the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania. Representing more than 217,000 nurses, the Association works to be essential in advancing, promoting and supporting the profession of nursing to improve health for all in the Commonwealth. PSNA is a constituent member of the American Nurses Association (www.psna.org).
PANO is a statewide membership organization amplifying the impact of the community benefit sector through advocacy, collaboration, learning, communication and support services. PANO exists to support the incredible work of the nonprofit sector and highlight the critical role nonprofits serve. By coming together and recognizing our collective value, Pennsylvania communities and the power to do good will thrive. For more information on PANO and PANO’s Standards for Excellence® Program, visit www.pano.org.
The Standards for Excellence originated as a special initiative of Maryland Nonprofits in 1998 and has since expanded into a national program to help nonprofit organizations achieve the highest benchmarks of ethics and accountability in nonprofit governance, management and operations. The program has been formally adopted by 10 state, regional and national affiliate organizations, and is supported by 66 licensed consultants and over 100 volunteers with professional experience in nonprofit governance and administration. Since its inception, the program has accredited or recognized over 200 individual nonprofit organizations that completed a rigorous application and review process to demonstrate adherence to the Standards for Excellence: An Ethics and Accountability Code for the Nonprofit Sector. (www.standardsforexcellenceinstitute.org)