The Pennsylvania State Nurses Association (PSNA), the state’s leading professional nursing organization representing more than 221,000 registered nurses, will hold a Who Cares: We Do Nursing Summit at Camelback Mountain Resort in Tannersville on September 27, 2019.
PSNA encourages posters focused on workplace safety and healthcare, as well as those highlighting the important work of professional nurses in our communities, hospitals, schools, homes, etc.
All nurses, regardless of experience or area of work, are invited to submit a poster abstract. Is this your first presentation? We’re here to help! PSNA will arrange for mentor guidance to walk you through the process.
- June 3, 2019: Deadline for abstract submission (to email@example.com)
- June 24, 2019: All candidates will be notified with decision results
- August 26, 2019: E-files due (poster template to firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Abstract Submission: Send 250-500 word abstract to email@example.com
- If selected for the event, PSNA will provide a PowerPoint template, including: (1) title; (2) background/history of the work; (3) your role (as nurse or on healthcare team); (4) impact to the patient or community; and (5) your contact information. E-files will be due to PSNA by August 26.
A Few Ideas to Get You Started:
- Safety in the workplace
- Political advocacy during times of change
- Environmental nursing
- Healthy workplace environments
- Prescription food programs
- Public health initiatives
- Evidence-based practice and research
- Compassion fatigue
- Population health/population-based care
- Mentoring new nurses
- Nursing economics
- Interprofessional collaboration
- Impact of alternative or complementary healthcare
Benefits of Presenting:
There is a real reward to engaging with other conference participants during the poster sessions. You will find yourself in lively discussions with other nurses on ideas, plans, and questions. Not only does this enrich your practice, but sharing your work is a generous act that can positively impact patients across the state.
PSNA invites all nurses – and their families – to be a part of the celebration. Camelback Resort has an indoor waterpark, rock climbing walls, spas, arcades, outdoor activities, and more.