Registration is open for PSNA’s winter 2021 Legislative Ambassador Program (LAP). The LAP is a grassroots advocacy network of nurses from across Pennsylvania who represent professional nursing’s voice in the Pennsylvania General Assembly.
Ambassadors are a critical tool in advancing PSNA’s legislative agenda and identifying solutions to nursing issues in our Commonwealth. Through the program, Ambassadors have the opportunity to participate in a broad range of advocacy initiatives with the support of PSNA staff while building relationships with elected officials.
This free education is only open to PSNA members. Members who would like to join the winter 2021 class can contact Noah Logan at email@example.com.
- Ambassador online course opens January 11 and closes March 15.
- Coursework is completed through the PSNA CE Center (ce.psna.org).
- Learners will receive support from PSNA’s Government Affairs team and Ambassador graduates.
- Self-paced education modules focus on state-level politics and professional advocacy.
- Earn contact hours.
I became an Ambassador to learn how to bring my patients’ issues to legislators. The program has opened my eyes to new paths for nurses to be recognized for our dedicated work. Legislators have welcomed my information and opinions. Patricia White, LAP Member, PSNA-PAC Member
Ambassador Roles and Responsibilities
- Be a registered voter
- Participate in Ambassador calls (as needed)
- Send letters to elected officials
- Attend meetings with elected officials
- Communicate with legislators and staff via phone, letter, and email
- Submit letters to the editor and op-eds (as needed)
- Set aside personal political agendas when representing PSNA
- Inform PSNA’s Government Affairs team of your legislative activities
- Respond to and share PSNA action alert emails
- Educate RNs on PSNA’s legislative priorities
- Advocacy and healthcare updates on a “first-to-know” basis
- PSNA’s Advocacy Academy (online education, awards contact hours)
- Legislative agenda, talking points, policy briefs, and position papers
- Legislative materials to leave with your legislators
- Opportunities to provide testimony
- PSNA Legislative Ambassador business cards