The Nursing Foundation of Pennsylvania (NFP), a supporting organization of PSNA, is hiring a Director of Development.
Bachelor’s degree in non-profit administration, public administration, or business administration
Master’s degree and CFRE preferred
- Strong understanding of donor relations and fundraising campaigns/initiatives
- Strong verbal and written communication, interpersonal, organizational, problem-solving, and marketing skills; multi-tasking ability; knowledge of contract management and fundraising software
- Passion for non-profit excellence
- Likes to get things done
- Ability to cultivate prospective donors and to enthusiastically and successfully engage in one-on-one solicitation and ongoing donor stewardship.
- Comfort and competence with a wide range of philanthropic work, including solicitation and stewardship of individual, foundation and corporate donors, donors and potential donor cultivation and research, grant writing, and special events.
- A successful track record in executing on strategy, setting priorities, managing multiple projects and working effectively under pressure to achieve individual and organizational goals.
- Highly organized, detail-oriented, reliable and flexible; thrives in a fast-paced environment; a driving force who manages toward clarity, finds solutions and is able to think strategically about the organization.
- Excellent verbal and written communication and interpersonal skills, an ability to listen to and balance, negotiate and work with a variety of internal and external stakeholders.
- A consummate team player with a flexible, collaborative and creative approach who can lead from behind and empower teammates to contribute their best.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office, WordPress, donor databases, web-based applications and use of the internet for research required.
- Keen interest in learning and developing as a professional, staying on top of best practice research.
- Personal qualities of integrity, credibility and a commitment to NFP’s mission.
What You’ll Do
Create, execute and evaluate NFP’s philanthropy strategy (80%)
In concert with CEO and board, create a comprehensive philanthropy strategy and annual operating plan that promotes mission achievement and financial sustainability.
- Execute the organization’s philanthropy operating plan to achieve plan goals. Effectively steward all NFP donors and cultivate new potential partners. Make donor and potential donor appointments, calls and visits and solicit funds and other resources for the organization.
- Plan and implement foundation, corporate and individual donor cultivation, stewardship, outreach events & activities.
- Act as primary staff liaison to NFP Board of Trustees and appropriately task and support board and executive director in achieving plan goals.
- Maintain a streamlined system for donor, foundation, corporate and potential donor records using in-depth understanding of databases, from the conceptual to the tactical.
- With the Director of Communications support, maintain comprehensive donor records, coordinate funding requests, prep donor materials and maintain efficient development systems.
- Develop and maintain annual budget as it relates to philanthropy.
- Lead and inspire staff and board to participate in philanthropic activities.
- Regularly evaluate philanthropic strategy and operating plan and make strategy recommendations to executive director and board based on experience and a deep understanding of the organization’s strategic goals.
Create, execute, and evaluate NFP’s communication strategy in support of mission (20%)
- Create annual development communication and marketing plan for the organization with measurable deliverable
- With support of Director of Communications for PSNA, execute plan, including updating of website content, marketing special events, managing production of all print/electronic collateral and ads, coordinating all media outreach and social media for the foundation.
- Evaluate plan at least annually and provide regular reports to board and staff.
What You’ll Get
- Opportunities for Growth
- Flexible schedule
- 401K matching at one year or 1000 hours worked
- Partial health / full vision/ dental coverage
- Paid Time Off