The PSNA Director of Professional Development provides leadership and direction of the continuing education (CE) department of the Pennsylvania State Nurses Association (PSNA). They will be responsible for planning, directing, developing, administering, coordinating, and evaluating the continuing education and professional nursing education programs and ANCC accreditation services of the Association. They will ensure quality control and consistency of continuing education documentation for all accredited activities. Act as a liaison to other departments regarding continuing education inquiries. Assist the Chief Executive Officer (CEO) with the development, execution, and refinement of the continuing education budget. This position reports to the CEO.
The Director of Professional Development’s activities may include, but are not limited to:
- Maintain ANCC accredited Provider Unit and Approver Unit.
- Advises the planning committees of the structural units.
- Prepares and submits accreditation information and documents for ANCC Approver and Provider unit for PSNA re-accreditation.
- Apply current adult education and nursing theories to nursing education programs and initiatives.
- Assumes responsibility for planning and conducting surveys to determine CE needs/value for members.
- Complies, tracks, and interprets data related to CE activities and initiatives.
- Identifies needs, trends, and issues that affect CE and implements changes based on what is learned.
- Formulates, plans, develops, implements, and evaluates nursing education and CE education programs, services, and criteria.
- Conducts CE programs following acceptable professional criteria of the provider unit.
- Maintains open communication with the CEO on the CE education and professional programs.
- Oversees the work of the Professional Development Assistant (PDA) and Professional Development Specialist (PDS).
- Participates with the CEO or designee in the selection of the PDA and PDS.
- Delegates work to the PDA, provide direction, and assist in evaluating that work.
- Identifies, plans, and implements CE activities for the Annual Summit in collaboration with the PSNA planning committee and staff.
- Consults with sponsors of continuing education in the areas of program planning and interpretation of the PSNA CE accreditation criteria.
- Represents PSNA with other organizations related to nursing Ensures that the required components of education programs meet the accreditation criteria and standards.
- Works with the CEO for the development of CE policies.
- Staff standing committees and councils of the Association, and generates committee correspondence, as directed.
- Recommends, executes, and evaluates the Board approved budgets for continuing education.
- Prepares reports to the Board of Directors and staff.
- Interfaces with the CEO, Director of Communication, and the Director of Membership to develop internal education programming to meet the required CE hours for registered nurse re-licensure as a member benefit.
- Develops and maintains an atmosphere of teamwork within the association.
- Develops and maintains high-quality relationships with internal and external customers.
- Actively participates in management and staff meetings.
- Keeps the CEO abreast of any changes/concerns within the continuing education unit.
- Assumes other responsibilities as assigned.
- Master’s degree required, preferably with a minimum of at least three (3) years of acceptable experience in nursing education.
- Current unrestricted Registered Nurse license
- Proficient or become proficient in utilizing the American Nurses Credentialing Center. Commission on Accreditation continuing education criteria.
- Ability to handle multiple tasks, projects, and priorities effectively and professionally.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective, high-quality relationships with internal and external customers utilizing excellent communication and customer service skills.
- Ability to develop and employ the latest online educational technology.
- Possesses a positive team player attitude.
- Basic understanding of English composition.
- Some travel is required.
Hybrid work setting. Headquarters in Harrisburg, PA.
Send resume, cover letter, and names of three references to Kelley Richwine, PSNA Executive Assistant, firstname.lastname@example.org.