The Nursing Foundation of Pennsylvania (NFP), a supporting organization of the Pennsylvania State Nurses Association (PSNA), has announced the recipients of its 2019 scholarships:
Florence (Madden) Grady-Fasick Scholarship Fund: The Florence (Madden) Grady-Fasick Scholarship Fund is for nursing students in their second semester or more of nursing school.
- Sophia Marcia Blair, West Chester University
- Adriana Brau-Diaz, University of Pennsylvania
- Ariana Gardizy, University of Pennsylvania
- Katelyn Elizabeth Hottle, The Pennsylvania State University
- Stephanie Tran Rojas, University of Pennsylvania
NFP Future Nurse Leader Scholarship: The NFP Future Nurse Leader Scholarship provides scholarships to students demonstrating leadership skills in their pursuit of a nursing degree. Funds are for full-time nursing students in an accredited BSN program in the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania.
- Allison Michele Dorsey, Villanova University
- Natalie Cecelia Martin, Thomas Jefferson University
Jack E. Barger, Sr. Memorial Nursing Scholarship Fund: The Jack E. Barger, Sr. Memorial Nursing Scholarship Fund provides scholarships to an undergraduate nursing student in Pennsylvania who is at least one of the following: active duty service member, U.S. veteran, child/spouse of a veteran, or active duty service member.
- Grace Amber Bonifay, Indiana University of Pennsylvania
- Katherine Grace Cleary, Bucks County Community College
- Caleb James Conroy, University of Pittsburgh – Greensburg
- Alix Nicole Hezlep, University of Pittsburgh at Bradford
- Melissa Sue Joyce-Williard, UPMC Mercy Hospital School of Nursing
- Brendan Russell Tepe, UPMC Mercy Hospital School of Nursing
The Alumni Association Scholarship Fund of the Former Albert Einstein Medical Center – Nursing School of Philadelphia: This scholarship fund provides scholarships to students in the pursuit of a nursing degree, whether baccalaureate, graduate, or post-graduate.
- Kimberly Naa Yarboley, University of Pennsylvania
- Sherissa L. Barbour, Widener University
- Lyndsay Kay Edmondston, University of Pittsburgh
- Mya Ford, Duquesne University
- Tiffany Hsu, University of Pennsylvania
For application requirements, visit www.theNFP.org/scholarships. Questions can be directed to NFP Director of Development Paula Lasecki at plasecki@theNFP.org. To learn more about NFP, visit www.theNFP.org. NFP is organized and operated to support the Pennsylvania State Nurses Association’s (PSNA) efforts to enhance nursing and healthcare.
NFP ensures nurses for tomorrow. NFP is a recipient of the Pennsylvania Association of Nonprofit Organizations’ Seal of Excellence for successfully completing rigorous Standards for Excellence® accreditation program. The official registration and financial information of the NFP may be obtained from the Pennsylvania Department of State by calling toll-free within Pennsylvania, 800-732-0999. Registration does not imply endorsement. www.theNFP.org
The Pennsylvania State Nurses Association (PSNA) is the non-profit voice for nurses in the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania. Representing more than 221,000 nurses, PSNA leads, advocates, educates and connects with registered nurses across the Commonwealth. PSNA is a constituent member of the American Nurses Association. www.psna.org
The Standards for Excellence originated as a special initiative of Maryland Nonprofits in 1998 and has since expanded into a national program to help nonprofit organizations achieve the highest benchmarks of ethics and accountability in nonprofit governance, management and operations. The program has been formally adopted by 10 state, regional and national affiliate organizations, and is supported by 66 licensed consultants and over 100 volunteers with professional experience in nonprofit governance and administration. Since its inception, the program has accredited or recognized over 200 individual nonprofit organizations that completed a rigorous application and review process to demonstrate adherence to the Standards for Excellence: An Ethics and Accountability Code for the Nonprofit Sector. www.standardsforexcellenceinstitute.org