Pennsylvania Nurses Middle College Charter School
The Pennsylvania Nurses Middle College Charter School (under development) will be a center of service and educational excellence serving the Harrisburg community and the next generation of nurses. PNMC’s goal will be to increase diversity within the nursing profession by establishing a school-to-college-to-career pathway for Harrisburg-area students.
The Pennsylvania Nurses Middle College (PNMC) Charter School will be a preparatory charter high school in Harrisburg, Pennsylvania. As a viable school-to-career pathway, PNMC will educate the next generation of nurses while (1) increasing diversity in the profession and (2) ensuring a sufficient nurse workforce to meet population demands. Students will find a unique and stimulating learning environment through PNMC.
Who May Attend
The main reason for attending PNMC is your interest in joining the nursing profession. PNMC will serve Dauphin County students in grades 9-12. The charter’s open enrollment, tuition-free policy will be funded by tax dollars paid to public education. If there are more applicants than space available in the charter school, students will be selected by a random, blind lottery system.
PNMC QUICK FACTS
PNMC will be:
- A middle college charter high school serving students in grades 9-12.
- An open-enrollment, regional charter school open to any Dauphin County high school student tuition-free.
- A STEM school with an integrated curriculum focused on nursing theories, processes, concepts and workforce development.
PNMC will offer:
- Dual enrollment in area colleges and universities; coursework transferrable toward baccalaureate degree, reducing the cost of college tuition.
- Hands-on learning experiences, summer employment and paid internships in healthcare settings.
- Industry-recognized certifications in First Aid and CNA (Certified Nursing Assistant).
- Option for PNMC Regional Charter School parents to pursue CNA (Certified Nursing Assistant) certification.
- A pathway to postsecondary success and high-paying and rewarding careers in nursing in/near students’ hometown after graduation.