PSNA Star Leadership Institute Mentor Application
The Star Leadership Institute is looking for mentors to share their leadership experience and knowledge with Institute attendees. While supporting fellow nurses through their completion of the Institute, mentors will also receive the benefits of the Star Leadership Institute free of charge and will be given contact hours for their time.*
Preferred criteria for mentors:
- 10 years nurse leadership experience
- Star Leadership Institute graduate
- Member of PSNA
- Availability to attend mentor orientation and virtual program events and meet with mentee 1-2 hours/per month
- Attend a pre-Institute virtual mentor training: date/time TBD, approximately 1.5 hours
- Attend the Institute virtual classes: October 21 – 22, 8:00 am to 4:00 pm each day
- Check-in with your mentee at least once per month to provide guidance throughout the completion of your mentee’s Health Impact Project: October 2022- April 2023 (minimum of 6 times); mentors and mentees will determine the dates/times that work best for their schedules
- Attend the Health Impact Project presentations on April 21 at the Hotel Bethlehem (not required)
Questions? Contact Kelly Stephens at firstname.lastname@example.org.
*Pennsylvania State Nurses Association is accredited as a provider of nursing continuing professional development by the American Nurses Credentialing Center’s Commission on Accreditation.